U.S. Army Medical Department, Office of Medical History
Skip Navigation, go to content

HISTORY OF THE OFFICE OF MEDICAL HISTORY

AMEDD BIOGRAPHIES

AMEDD CORPS HISTORY

BOOKS AND DOCUMENTS

HISTORICAL ART WORK & IMAGES

MEDICAL MEMOIRS

AMEDD MEDAL OF HONOR RECIPIENTS

ORGANIZATIONAL HISTORIES

THE SURGEONS GENERAL

ANNUAL REPORTS OF THE SURGEON GENERAL

AMEDD UNIT PATCHES AND LINEAGE

THE AMEDD HISTORIAN NEWSLETTER

332nd Medical Brigade

Units

332nd Medical Brigade

Shoulder Sleeve Insignia (SSI):  

Symbolism: The white stars on a blue field refer to the State Flag of Tennessee, the unit's home area and the V-shape of the base alludes to the nickname, "Volunteer State." The scarlet cross is symbolic of medical care and the colors white and maroon are traditionally associated with the Army Medical Department. The outer shape is symbolic of medicine and surgery, the rounded top suggesting a capsule of medicine and the pointed bottom the edge of a scalpel.

Background: The shoulder sleeve insignia was approved on 5 Aug 1985.

Lineage and Honors:

Constituted 7 August 1942 in the Army of the United States as the 69th Medical Regiment

Activated 25 September 1942 at Camp Maxey, Texas

Reorganized and redesignated 4 September 1943 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 69th Medical Group

Inactivated 1 November 1945 at Fort Bragg, North Carolina

Reorganized and redesignated 5 October 1948 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 332nd Medical Group, allotted to the Organized Reserve Corps,
Activated 19 October 1948 at Savannah, Georgia

(Organized Reserve Corps redesignated 9 July 1952 as the Army Reserve)

Inactivated 25 June 1959 at Savannah Georgia

Redesignated 16 May 1985 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 332nd Medical Brigade and activated at Nashville, Tennessee

Campaign Participation Credit:

World War II:
Normandy
Northern France
Rhineland
Ardennes-Alsace
Central Europe

Southwest Asia:
Defense of Saudi Arabia
Liberation of Kuwait

Decorations:

Meritorious Unit Commendation, streamer, “European Theater”