U.S. Army Medical Department, Office of Medical History
Skip Navigation, go to content

HISTORY OF THE OFFICE OF MEDICAL HISTORY

AMEDD BIOGRAPHIES

AMEDD CORPS HISTORY

BOOKS AND DOCUMENTS

HISTORICAL ART WORK & IMAGES

MEDICAL MEMOIRS

AMEDD MEDAL OF HONOR RECIPIENTS External Link, Opens in New Window

ORGANIZATIONAL HISTORIES

THE SURGEONS GENERAL

ANNUAL REPORTS OF THE SURGEON GENERAL

AMEDD UNIT PATCHES AND LINEAGE

THE AMEDD HISTORIAN NEWSLETTER

330th Medical Brigade

Units

330th Medical Brigade

Shoulder Sleeve Insignia (SSI):  

Symbolism: Maroon and white are the colors traditionally associated with the Medical Corps. Red suggests sacrifice and compassion. The four sections united by the cross symbolize teamwork and unity as well as highlighting the unit's medical mission. The torch, symbolizing leadership and knowledge, is entwined by a serpent, recalling the Staff of Aesculapius and underscoring healing and the medical arts.

Background: The shoulder sleeve insignia was approved on 6 Oct 1993.

Lineage and Honors: 

Constituted 30 November 1944 in the Army of the United States as Headquarters, 30th Hospital Center

Activated 30 December 1944 in the Philippine Islands

Reorganized and redesignated 1 May 1945 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 30th Hospital Center

Inactivated 25 January 1946 in the Philippine Islands

Redesignated 26 May 1947 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 306th Hospital Center, and allotted to the Organized Reserves

Activated 15 June 1947 at Atlanta, Georgia

(Organized Reserves redesignated 25 March 1948 as the Organized Reserve Corps; redesignated 9 July 1952 as the Army Reserve)

Redesignated 1 September 1949 as Headquarters, 306th Hospital Center

Redesignated 31 January 1953 as Headquarters, 30th Hospital Center

Inactivated 31 March 1963 at Atlanta, Georgia

Activated 18 July 1969 at Chicago, Illinois

Reorganized and redesignated 1 October 1975 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 30th Hospital Center

Reorganized and redesignated 16 April 1993 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 330th Medical Brigade

Campaign Participation Credit:

World War II:
Leyte
Luzon

Decorations:

Philippine Presidential Unit Citation for 17 OCTOBER 1944 to 4 JULY 1945