U.S. Army Medical Department, Office of Medical History
Skip Navigation, go to content

HISTORY OF THE OFFICE OF MEDICAL HISTORY

AMEDD BIOGRAPHIES

AMEDD CORPS HISTORY

BOOKS AND DOCUMENTS

HISTORICAL ART WORK & IMAGES

MEDICAL MEMOIRS

AMEDD MEDAL OF HONOR RECIPIENTS External Link, Opens in New Window

ORGANIZATIONAL HISTORIES

THE SURGEONS GENERAL

ANNUAL REPORTS OF THE SURGEON GENERAL

AMEDD UNIT PATCHES AND LINEAGE

THE AMEDD HISTORIAN NEWSLETTER

30th Medical Command

Units

30th Medical Command

Shoulder Sleeve Insignia (SSI):  

Symbolism: Maroon and white are the colors traditionally associated with the Medical Corps. The upright sword symbolizes military preparedness and is entwined by a serpent recalling the Staff of Aesculapius and a heritage of medical service. The star represents the state of Texas, where the 30th Medical Regiment was first activated.
Background: The shoulder sleeve insignia was originally approved for the 30th Medical Brigade on 10 December 1993. It was redesignated for the 30th Medical Command on 19 August 2008.  

Lineage and Honors:

Constituted 1 October 1933 in the Regular Army as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 30 Medical Regiment.

Redesignated Headquarters, Headquarters and Service Company 30th Medical Regiment October 1939.

Activated 25 July 1942 at Camp Barkeley, Texas.

Reorganized and redesignated 8 September 1943 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 30th Medical Group.

Inactivated 6 June 1949 at Fort Benning, Georgia

Activated 25 March 1953 in Korea.

Reorganized and redesignated 17 June 1993 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 30th Medical Brigade.

Campaign Participation Credit:

World War II:
Rhineland
Central Europe

Korean War:
Third Korean Winter
Korea, Summer 1953

Southwest Asia:
Defense of Saudi Arabia
Liberation and Defense of Kuwait
Cease-Fire

Decorations:

Meritorious Unit Commendation, streamer “KOREA”
(HHD 30th Med Group, 4 June 1953 – Jan 1954; DA GO 32, 1954)

Army Superior Unit Award, streamer “1995-1996”
(HHD 30th Med BDE 15 Oct 1995 – Dec 1996; DA GO 25, 2001)